But are you maximizing your fundraiser on 1Dollar1Home using the incredible power of social media to drive traffic to your story? We found that participants who use social networking tools like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube communicate with their networks more regularly and send more messages. This resulted in increased fundraising results by up to 40%.
Here are 8 things you can do right now to start driving more traffic — and funds! — to your story using your existing social media channels.
1. Update your written Twitter profile to include a link to your 1Dollar1Home story.
2. Add a link to your 1Dollar1Home story to the description of any video you have posted on YouTube or Vimeo.
3. Update your +Google profile or individual google plus photos related to your funding campaign with a link to your 1Dollar1Home page.
4. Go to your Facebook Page and “use Facebook as [insert your Facebook Page name here]” to post information about your 1Dollar1Home story on the walls of related organizations and pages.
5. Change your LinkedIn profile and updates to include information about your 1Dollar1Home story , including your funding goal and deadline.
6. Use an occasional Facebook status update to let people know about your 1Dollar1Home campaign.
7. Use 1Dollar1Home widgets to add a campaign banner to your blog or website.
8. Add a link to your 1Dollar1Home Story to your Gmail, yahoo, or outlook signature.
Got any more ways to utilize social media in crowdfunding campaigns? Comment below and let us know. Cheers