Sometimes stages in life can become so difficult especially when we see our friends and families need a little extra help. Medical issues and natural disasters like fires, floods, and tornados can be devastating to families and sometimes even families with insurance are unprepared to handle this kind of unexpected expense on their own. Most at times, an amazing gesture when you see a family or friend in need is to start a fundraiser on their behalf. You can help jumpstart recovery and help your loved ones in need by creating a 1Dollar1Home page for for a fundraiser.
Our website has seen many people raise funds on behalf of friends and family and these campaigns and stories often raise more money than those that are started by the individual or family themselves.
Although we don’t know for sure, we suspect that it’s because of the excitement around raising money for someone who is unaware of what’s being done behind the scenes to help. It’s all happened to us one way or the other; the surprise and the release factor! When a friend or family member realize that the financial burden that they thought they had no longer exists, it brings a whole level of uplifting! Sometimes families and friends in need have such severe stories that they themselves don’t even think of raising money at that stage but that’s where you come in!
The question is, so how do you fundraise or start a fundraiser for a family or friend in need?
Thankfully, our website makes it quick and easy. Here’s how:
- Click this link to start creating your story.
- Fill in the required information – this usually takes less than 10 minutes. No tech skills needed.
- Share your fundraising link with friends and family. You’ll receive any donations immediately and will be able to track visitors, donors details and more.
How Can 1Dollar1Home Help?
- Easy to Use: In less than 10 minutes you can share the story and set up a 1Dollar1Home page and start collecting funds from friends and family around the country.
- Hope: More than just a way to contribute financially to loved ones in need, 1Dollar1Home pages allow friends and family to leave words of encouragement and build a community of emotional support.
- Empowerment: 1Dollar1Home empowers friends and family by giving them an answer to the question “What can I do to help?“
It’s as easy as that. Don’t wait any longer, click here to start your 1Dollar1Home page.
When you’re raising money for someone other than yourself, potential donors that don’t know you very well might have concerns about where the money is going. For example, they might wonder if the beneficiary will actually receive all of the funds raised.
As your fundraising link can quickly spread out of your immediate network and even go viral, it’s important to alleviate these concerns so that you can raise as much money as possible. These steps will help you do that:
- Explain who you are and what your relationship is to the person / family that you’re raising money for.
- Explain when and how the money will be sent to the beneficiary.
- If possible, obtain the account / PayPal information from the person you’re raising money for to alleviate concerns in the first place.
Other Ways to Help
- Provide emotional support or get them in touch with a relevant help organization if needed.
- Reduce everyday burdens. From buying their groceries to helping them wash-up – these little gestures can go a long way.
- Rally your friends and family in so that they have a network of support and aren’t just reliant on you.
Raising money for a friend or family in need can go a long way and the sooner you start, the better.
By starting a 1Dollar1Home page, you empower your local community as well as friends and family from across the county to provide financial and emotional support at a time when your friend need it the most.
Please comment if you have any questions..